PaleoFX 2013 will be held at the Palmer Events Center.
The Palmer Events Center (PEC) is situated in Butler Park, a beautiful, 54-acre city park located along the shores of Lady Bird Lake (formerly Town Lake). The 131,000 square foot multi-use events center opened in 2002 and has been the facility of choice for many public consumer shows, trade shows, conferences, banquets, receptions, concerts, dances and society balls. The building itself is just as pretty as its surroundings, featuring natural limestone and a gently sloping asymmetrical roof, wood trusses and decking, textured concrete, its own pond and some of the best views in the city. Additionally, ceiling fans 20 feet in diameter are located above the covered outdoor, wrap-around terrace.
The facility is comprised of two exhibit halls with spacious lobbies, five meeting rooms, plenty of pre-function space, stunning outdoor terraces and extensive support areas. The PEC parking garage, which contains 1,200 spaces, is conveniently located adjacent to the facility. Entrances to the garage can be found along the north and south borders of Butler Park, on Riverside Drive near South 1st Street and Barton Springs Road between Bouldin and Dawson Streets respectively.
* ALL ROOMS ARE SUITES ***** GREAT FOR ROOM SHARING *****
300 South Congress Avenue Austin, Texas, 78704
→ Must Use This Link To Make Reservation; can call hotel to make any other arrangements.
Our Block Name: “2013 PALEO FX”
Room Offers & Information:
- King Suite 149 / night
* Offers made to order breakfast & evening happy hour
* Each room has pull out sofa « GREAT FOR ROOM SHARES
507 South 1st Street Austin, Texas 78704
→ Must Call To Make Reservation.
Our Block Name: “PALEO FX”
Room Offers & Information:
- Single King Studio: 94.99/ 119.99 / 119.99
- Deluxe Studio – King w/ Pull Out 109.99 / 134.99 / 134.99
- Double Queen Studio 109.99 / 134.99 / 134.99
* All rooms come with a kitchen.
Room & Ride Share Information
Got a room, but need a roommate? Got a car, and want some gas money? We have two Facebook links to help you connect with other attendees:
- If you’re looking to share a room (or you have a room to share), check out our PaleoFxRoomShare Facebook group.
- If you’re looking to share a ride (either into Austin or during the event itself), RSVP to this facebook event.
PaleoFX Google Map
Shirley McLean spent a great deal of time putting together this really great map of Paleo-friendly restaurants and other areas of interest in and around the Palmer Center, including the locations of the after parties and dinners. There are links and descriptons for all locations. (Do we have an awesome community, or what?)
View Paleo FX 13 in a larger map